Withdrawal from University:

  • A student withdrawing from the University, either during an academic term or at the completion of an academic term, must complete a withdrawal form available in the Registrar’s Office
  • Failure to comply with this procedure will result in course failure and a final grade of “NF” will be recorded on the student’s permanent record
  • Withdrawing from the University means withdrawing from all registered courses. This is only permitted with a grade of “W” during the period prior to the last day to withdraw each semester. After the last day to withdraw, a grade in each course must be assigned.

Change of Registration

  1. Any change in registration must be processed through the Registrar’s Office.
  2. “Dropping” a course within the first five days will not be entered on the permanent record but must be properly processed.
  3. If a student “withdraws” from a course following the Add/Drop period, but within the published withdrawal time frame, he or she receives a grade of W.
  4. Withdrawal beyond the published withdrawal deadline will result in a failing grade of “NF” indicating that the student failed to maintain active participation in the course, is non-compliant with withdrawal policies, and failed to achieve course requirements due to non-attendance. Faculty must record the date the student last participated in the course on the final course grade roster. The Provost/Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs may review individual cases and make an exception to this application if a health or other emergency beyond the student’s control existed.
  5. Student withdrawing from courses that take them to less than 6 credit hours must complete an exit interview with the Financial Aid Office.
  6. A student who has registered for auditing cannot change the registration to credit after the end of the add/drop period.