Featuring Concert Choir and Concert Band
PHILIPPI, W.Va. – The Alderson Broaddus University School of Music presents its Concert Choir and Concert Band in spring concert on Friday, April 24th at 7:30pm in Wilcox Chapel.
The concert will feature a tour of American Music. Both ensembles will pay tribute to the music that is purely American purely meant for the choir and concert band idioms. The final piece will be conducted by the winner of the 2014 AB conducting competition, student Adam Gillespie.
Under the direction of Dr. Lauren Lindsey and Mr. Christopher McDerment, the concert will be shared with the entire AB campus, Philippi community, and AB Board of Trustees members. This event is free and open to the public.
Y O U A R E I N V I T E D !
You are invited to attend the Alderson Broaddus University Brass Choir’s 17th Annual “Brass in the Grass” Concert to be held Sunday, April 26, 2015 at the Campus Center quadrangle at 3:00 pm. The concert is free and open to the public. Bring lawn chairs and blankets for outdoor seating. In case of inclement weather, the concert will be held in Wilcox Chapel, also at the center of campus.
This final concert of the two-day brass festival features current Brass Choir members, ensemble alumni, prospective students, area teachers, professional performers, community folks, and friends. In recent years, we have been over eighty in number, and the music ranges from fanfares and staples of the brass repertoire to folk songs, patriotic tunes, and jazz. Events are under the direction of Dr. Timothy DeWitt professor of music.
Those of you who are brass players may wish to join us in the performance and for the entire two-day festival! If so, please RSVP to Dr. DeWitt at email@example.com.
Schedule for the Weekend:
Saturday, April 25th
- 10:30 pm: Clinic/Master Class with Dr. Susan Radcliff, New York City Freelance Trumpeter
- 1:00 pm: Exhibition Concert (Current AB Brass Choir and Quintet) (Wilcox Chapel)
- 1:45 pm: Mass Brass Rehearsal (Wilcox Chapel)
- 4:30 pm: Buffet Dinner (AB Campus Center Cafeteria) (Reservation required)
- 6:00 pm: Mass Brass Rehearsal (Wilcox Chapel)
Sunday, April 26th
- 9:00 am: Mass Brass Rehearsal (Outdoor Tent)
- 3:00 pm Brass in the Grass Concert (Outdoor Tent or Wilcox Chapel)