Coronavirus – University Operations Status
As of 03/01/2022
Effective immediately, the University is suspending its COVID-19 mask mandates for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals with the following exceptions:
- Faculty may, at their individual or departmental discretion, require masks or face coverings to be worn in their classrooms.
- Employees may, at their individual or departmental discretion, require masks or face coverings when entering their office spaces.
- Members of the campus community are required to wear a mask or face covering while under COVID-19 infection or exposure guidelines.
- Anyone experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, even after having tested negative for the virus, must wear a mask or face covering.
The University may, at its discretion, reinstate masking protocols if or when conditions related to COVID-19 change.
This decision was based on declining campus infections (last week only 1 COVID-19 infection was reported – see chart below), low infection rates overall compared to previous semesters, and relaxation of safety protocols nationwide. The transmission rate for this semester has been much less than anticipated given the reported behavior of the Omicron variant. While both vaccinated and unvaccinated students have tested positive at proportional rates, the evidence suggests vaccination (estimated to be over 70% of the campus community) has had a positive impact on containing the spread of the virus. The University continues to recommend vaccination, including booster shots, as the best defense against COVID-19.
If you have not been vaccinated, please consider protecting yourself and others by getting your shot. The vaccine is also readily available in our community. Here are the vaccination clinics being held weekly in Barbour County. You can call the Health Department at 304-457-1670 for more information.
Recurring vaccination clinics are held each week in Barbour County
Monday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Maces Pharmacy, 440 South Main Street, Philippi, WV 26416.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Barbour County Health Department, 109 Wabash Avenue, Philippi, WV 26416.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., appointment required 304-823-2800 or 304-457-2800, Myers Clinic, 3 Health Care Dr. Philippi, WV 26416 and Belington Medical Clinic, 70 North Sturmer Street, Belington, WV 26250.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Maces Pharmacy, 204 Crim Avenue, Belington, WV 26250.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Barbour County Health Department, 109 Wabash Avenue, Philippi, WV 26416.
For your convenience, we have listed the most frequently contacted support offices at Alderson Broaddus University below:
Student Affairs Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions Office: email@example.com
Business Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid Office: email@example.com
Registrar’s Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Office: email@example.com
Personal Counseling: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Center for Educational Success (ACES): email@example.com
For all other inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To receive emergency mobile alerts, text “Join AB” to 30890.
CARES Act and HEERF II Reporting:
- Supplemental Assistance to Institutions of Higher Education (SAIHE) Reporting (03.31.22)
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III) Reporting (03.31.22)
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) Reporting (03.31.22)
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) for Students (2.17.21)
- CARES Act Reporting (5.22.20 rev 03.31.22)
- CARES Act Emergency Grant Information for Students (5.8. Reopening During COVID-19
How to Stay Updated:
- Check this site often.
- Check your AB email account for further updates regularly.
- If you haven’t already, please sign up for mobile alerts by texting “Join AB” to 30890.
Additional questions? Email email@example.com
- COVID-19 Status Report (01/04/22)
- COVID-19 Status Report (10/07/21)
- COVID-19 Status Report (09/23/21)
- COVID-19 Status Report (09/09/21)
- COVID-19 Status Report (08/19/21)
- COVID19 Fall 2021 Response Plan – 08-09-2021
- Athletics: Spring 2021 Fan Policy
- COVID-19 Status Report (4.13.21)
- COVID-19 Status Report (3.2.21)
- COVID-19 Status Report (1.26.21)
- COVID-19 Status Report (1.8.21)
- COVID-19 Status Report (11.13.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (10.27.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (10.16.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (10.8.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (9.30.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (9.24.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (9.18.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (9.15.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (8.26.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (8.19.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (8.12.20)
- Guidelines and Plans for Fall 2020 Reopening During COVID-19 (7.30.20)
- Student Social Contract (7.27.20)
- Student Attendance Policy (7.22.20)
- STUDENTS: Check-In Registration for the Fall 2020 Semester (6.30.20)
- Initial Move-in Information for Fall 2020 Semester (6.26.20)
- Return to Work Plan from Human Resources (6.10.20)
- Return to Work Notification (6.10.20)
- Fall 2020 Semester and Campus Updates (5.26.20)
- Coronavirus University FAQs (5.26.20)
- Updates to Work Plan Order (4.30.20)
- Update to Students on Room and Board Credits (4.29.20)
- Graduates: Virtual Commencement Announcement (4.20.20)
- Update to Students on Room and Board Credits (4.2.20)
- Updated Work-From-Home Order (4.1.20)
- Clarification for Staff on Governor’s Stay-At-Home Order (3.25.20)
- Update Regarding Residence Halls (3.24.20)
- Guide to Communications for Virtual Learning (3.18.20)
- AB Transitions to Virtual Learning (3.17.20)
- Alderson Broaddus University Extends Spring Break Amid Coronavirus Concern (3.12.20)
- Coronavirus Spring Break Travel Notice (3.4.20)
- Coronavirus Monitoring and Preventive Measures (3.2.20)