University Operations Status
With the growing cases of the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) across the nation, Alderson Broaddus University is proactively taking steps to protect the health and well-being of our students, employees, and community. To help prevent the spread of the disease, we are suspending face to face business and, instead, will be operating remotely to assist you. For your convenience, we have listed the most frequently contacted support offices at AB.
Student Affairs Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions Office: email@example.com
Financial Aid Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrar’s Office: email@example.com
IT Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Counseling: email@example.com
Academic Center for Educational Success (ACES): firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other inquiries, email email@example.com. To receive emergency mobile alerts, text “Join AB” to 30890.
Alderson Broaddus University is closely monitoring the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) worldwide outbreak, and consulting the Barbour County Health Department to discuss guidelines and implement recommendations made by government and public health agencies, including the State Department, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO). The top priority is the safety of the members of the University community, and AB will make decisions based on public health guidance and current conditions here and elsewhere. This page will be updated regularly and highlight the latest statements or guidance from the University.
3.24.2020 – Update from President Dr. James “Tim” Barry
On Monday, March 23, the governor of West Virginia issued a stay-at-home order to all residents of West Virginia. This order went into effect on Tuesday, March 24, at 8:00 p.m. in order to preserve public health and safety, and to ensure the healthcare system in West Virginia is capable of serving all citizens in need, especially those at high risk and vulnerable to COVID-19.
This email supersedes all earlier communications regarding residence halls. The information below reflects directives from the University; they are not guidelines, and all students must adhere to these directives. In accordance with the Executive Order issued by the governor of West Virginia, the following instructions apply to all AB students, regardless of your residency:
- Do continue your academic work online. Classes will be virtual for the remainder of spring semester.
- Do contact the Academic Center for Educational Services (ACES) at firstname.lastname@example.org for any tutoring needs or writing help.
- Do contact personal counseling services for help with any mental or emotional concerns at email@example.com.
- Do check your AB email account and the ab.edu/coronavirus site regularly for updates.
- Do sign up for mobile alerts by texting “Join AB” to 30890.
- Do not travel back to campus to pick-up your belongings from the residence halls. Student Affairs and Campus Safety personnel will maintain regular patrols through the residence halls, and all doors and windows have been secured. If you need an emergency item in your room, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not return to campus unless you have already been approved by the Office of Student Affairs to remain on campus.
We know that these are challenging times, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work through these issues. These directives are in accordance with the State of West Virginia’s Executive Order. They are designed to further protect the well-being of our campus community and to ensure our students are safe and, in a position, to continue their academic careers successfully. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
With care and concern,
Dr. James “Tim” Barry, President
How to Stay Updated:
- Check this site often.
- Check your AB email account for further updates regularly.
- If you haven’t already, please sign up for mobile alerts by texting “Join AB” to 30890.
Additional questions? Email email@example.com.
- Update to Students on Room and Board Credits (4.2.20)
- Updated Work-From-Home Order (4.1.20)
- Clarification for Staff on Governor’s Stay-At-Home Order (3.25.20)
- Update Regarding Residence Halls (3.24.20)
- Coronavirus University FAQs (3.24.20)
- Guide to Communications for Virtual Learning (3.18.20)
- AB Transitions to Virtual Learning (3.17.20)
- Alderson Broaddus University Extends Spring Break Amid Coronavirus Concern (3.12.20)
- Coronavirus Spring Break Travel Notice (3.4.20)
- Coronavirus Monitoring and Preventive Measures (3.2.20)