University Operations Status
With the growing cases of the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) across the nation, Alderson Broaddus University is proactively taking steps to protect the health and well-being of our students, employees, and community. For your convenience, we have listed the most frequently contacted support offices at AB.
Student Affairs Office: email@example.com
Admissions Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Office: email@example.com
Financial Aid Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrar’s Office: email@example.com
IT Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Counseling: email@example.com
Academic Center for Educational Success (ACES): firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other inquiries, email email@example.com. To receive emergency mobile alerts, text “Join AB” to 30890.
Alderson Broaddus University is closely monitoring the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) worldwide outbreak, and consulting the Barbour County Health Department to discuss guidelines and implement recommendations made by government and public health agencies, including the State Department, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO). The top priority is the safety of the members of the University community, and AB will make decisions based on public health guidance and current conditions here and elsewhere. This page will be updated regularly and highlight the latest statements or guidance from the University.
CARES Act and HEERF II Reporting:
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) Funds Reporting (3.17.21)
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) for Students (2.17.21)
- CARES Act Reporting (5.22.20 rev 3.31.21)
- CARES Act Emergency Grant Information for Students (5.8.20)
How is AB Preparing for a Safe and Healthy Fall Semester?
- We are sanitizing public touchpoints daily, including stairwell railings, public doorway push-bars and door handles, water fountains, public restrooms, classroom surfaces, etc.
- We’ve installed sanitizing stations in key areas, allowing easy access on every floor of each common-use building.
- We’ve designated one-way entry and exit points in high-traffic areas on campus.
- We’ve prepared COVID-19 care packages for all students that include a mask and hand sanitizer.
- We’ve reduced classroom capacity by 50% and spaced out seating to allow for appropriate social and physical distancing.
- All students, faculty, and staff will be tested for the presence of the COVID-19 virus upon arrival to campus.
- Complete guidelines and plans for Fall 2020 reopening are available on our website at ab.edu/coronavirus.
We expect each student – along with staff and faculty – to take steps to be safe, including mask-wearing, proper physical distancing, and handwashing. Our ability to offer on-campus instruction depends on the individual actions of our students and members of the AB community. Everyone must accept personal responsibility and accountability. Families can keep our campus community safe by staying in touch with their student and reinforcing the importance of the safety measures the University is taking.
How to Stay Updated:
- Check this site often.
- Check your AB email account for further updates regularly.
- If you haven’t already, please sign up for mobile alerts by texting “Join AB” to 30890.
Additional questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletics: Spring 2021 Fan Policy
- COVID-19 Status Report (4.13.21)
- COVID-19 Status Report (3.2.21)
- COVID-19 Status Report (1.26.21)
- COVID-19 Status Report (1.8.21)
- COVID-19 Status Report (11.13.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (10.27.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (10.16.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (10.8.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (9.30.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (9.24.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (9.18.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (9.15.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (8.26.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (8.19.20)
- COVID-19 Status Report (8.12.20)
- Guidelines and Plans for Fall 2020 Reopening During COVID-19 (7.30.20)
- Student Social Contract (7.27.20)
- Student Attendance Policy (7.22.20)
- STUDENTS: Check-In Registration for the Fall 2020 Semester (6.30.20)
- Initial Move-in Information for Fall 2020 Semester (6.26.20)
- Return to Work Plan from Human Resources (6.10.20)
- Return to Work Notification (6.10.20)
- Fall 2020 Semester and Campus Updates (5.26.20)
- Coronavirus University FAQs (5.26.20)
- Updates to Work Plan Order (4.30.20)
- Update to Students on Room and Board Credits (4.29.20)
- Graduates: Virtual Commencement Announcement (4.20.20)
- Update to Students on Room and Board Credits (4.2.20)
- Updated Work-From-Home Order (4.1.20)
- Clarification for Staff on Governor’s Stay-At-Home Order (3.25.20)
- Update Regarding Residence Halls (3.24.20)
- Guide to Communications for Virtual Learning (3.18.20)
- AB Transitions to Virtual Learning (3.17.20)
- Alderson Broaddus University Extends Spring Break Amid Coronavirus Concern (3.12.20)
- Coronavirus Spring Break Travel Notice (3.4.20)
- Coronavirus Monitoring and Preventive Measures (3.2.20)