Congratulations on your acceptance
to Alderson Broaddus University!
Student Enrollment Deposit
International Student Enrollment Deposit
Enrollment Deposit – International
Enrollment Deposit – International
Your next step is to submit an enrollment deposit—$200 for domestic students and $300 for international students. This deposit secures your spot in the incoming Battler class. Your enrollment deposit can be made online, by check or money order (made payable to Alderson Broaddus University) mailed to 101 College Hill Drive, Box 2003, Philippi, WV 26416, or by credit card over the phone. You must submit your enrollment deposit before requesting housing or submitting your health forms. If you have any questions, please call the admissions office at 304.457.6256.
AB Email Account
After you deposit, you will receive your AB email username and password in the mail. Please allow two weeks to receive your account information via the mail. Please review this information after you receive it, and begin checking your AB email regularly for updates and announcements regarding Housing, Orientation, and Move-in. If you have questions regarding your username and password, please contact the Office of Information Technology (IT) at 304.457.6331.
On-Campus Living at Alderson Broaddus: Welcome to the Neighborhood!
Listen up, Battlers! Your academic experience at AB will be enhanced by becoming an on-campus resident. Living on your own, making your room a home away from home, and finding lifelong friendships await in our residential community. If you have not had the opportunity to walk through campus, you can learn a little about our residence halls HERE.
The Fall 2022-Spring 2023 Housing Application will take you only a few minutes and can be found HERE. Before getting started, make sure you have your Battlers ID number and your preferences, with a roommate’s name and ID number as well to secure your room.
Live within 50 miles of campus with your parents? Over 24 years of age? Have a reason that would exempt you from the On-Campus Requirement? Please complete an Off-Campus Residency Application HERE and submit it before the semester begins!
Also, if you have a documented medical condition that requires a special housing consideration, you may make a Request for Housing Accommodation HERE so we can best meet your needs!
Questions? Concerns? Please contact our Director of Housing and Residence Life, Kevin Marshburn at 304-457-6582. WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD!
If you haven’t done so already, please complete these steps to ensure you receive financial aid:
- Submit your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. AB federal school code is 003806
- Review, sign and return one copy of your financial aid award letter
- Once awarded your financial aid package, you will receive two copies of your award letter. The student must sign and return one copy. (The other is for your records). In reviewing your aid, read the information on the reverse of your award letter. Sign and return one copy via fax 304. 457.6391, email firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail.
- Complete BOTH Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at http://www.studentloans.gov (If you are accepting your federal student loans, you MUST complete these steps to receive funds)
- This is required by the Department of Education should you, the student, wish to accept your student loans included in your financial aid package. Go to http://www.studentloans.gov/ and complete BOTH Entrance Counseling & MPN. Loan funds cannot be put toward your bill until these steps are completed.
- Other — if the Financial Aid Office (FAO) has contacted you regarding verification, you will want to complete that process immediately in order to obtain aid.
- Determine if you need more funding through financial aid.
For a complete Financial Aid Check Sheet, click here.
If you are eligible for work-study, you will need to bring ID to complete the Employment Verification/Tax forms. Click here to see what forms of ID you need to bring. The Financial Aid Office can make copies of the information provided, and you can keep the originals.
Questions? Email the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or call us at 304.457.6354.
New Student Check-in & Orientation
The Alderson Broaddus University community is looking forward to welcoming you to campus and assisting you with your transition into college.
The first step of this transition is New Student Check-in, which will occur on Thursday, August 18, 2022. During the check-in process, new students (transfers and freshmen) will:
- Receive their New Student Orientation packets, including complimentary AB shirts
- Complete the enrollment process
- Finalize their financial paperwork
- Receive the AB Student ID card
- Register their vehicle for a campus parking pass (if applicable)
- If living on campus, receive their room key so they can move into their AB home
- Meet with the Athletic Training Staff (Student-athletes)
- Meet AB Students, faculty, and staff
New Student Orientation will begin after check-in and will continue until the first day of classes on Monday, August 22, 2022. More information will be posted on this page and will be emailed to students’ AB email accounts as we approach New Student Check-in. Please direct any questions regarding New Student Orientation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bills will be sent out in early June. Please check the bill upon receipt. The expectation is that outstanding balances be paid, or payment plans established, prior to the first day of classes.
Payment plan information can be found here.
Student Health Assessment
Alderson Broaddus University uses MedProctor and Sportsware online systems for managing the required student health assessments. Student-athletes are required to use Sportsware, while all others need to use MedProctor. New students must complete their health assessments before attending classes.
Sportsware is an Athletic Training health tracking system for student-athletes and also retains all student-athlete immunization and medical information. Student-athletes will receive information regarding Sportsware via their AB email account.
New students have a MedProctor account automatically created for them shortly after they submit their enrollment deposit. You will receive an email to your AB email account from MedProctor with instructions on how to create your account and access your required health paperwork. All forms should be downloaded, completed by your medical provider, and then uploaded to the MedProctor site.
If you do not have a class schedule, the Registrar will be preparing your schedule and will mail you a copy of your schedule with a packet of information. Registration takes place at New Student Registration Days; please sign up here: New Student Registration Days
Textbooks are available in the bookstore located on campus and online.