Congratulations on your acceptance
to Alderson Broaddus University!
International Student Enrollment Deposit
Enrollment Deposit – International
Enrollment Deposit – International
Your next step is to submit an enrollment deposit—$200 for domestic students and $300 for international students. This deposit secures your spot in the incoming Battler class. Your enrollment deposit can be made online, by check or money order (made payable to Alderson Broaddus University) mailed to 101 College Hill Drive, Box 2003, Philippi, WV 26416, or by credit card over the phone. You must submit your enrollment deposit before requesting housing or submitting your health forms. If you have any questions, please call the admissions office at 304.457.6256.
AB Email Account
After you deposit, you will receive your AB email username and password in the mail. Please allow two weeks to receive your account information via the mail. Please review this information after you receive it, and begin checking your AB email regularly for updates and announcements regarding Housing, Orientation, and Move-in. If you have questions regarding your username and password, please contact the Office of Information Technology (IT) at 304.457.6331.
New Student Registration Day
This registration is a very important step to finalize your path to Alderson Broaddus University. We want to prepare you academically and financially for the upcoming year as a service to you as a new student.
Orientation: August 20, 2021 – August 22, 2021
The Alderson Broaddus family is looking forward to welcoming you to campus and assisting you with your transition into college. Orientation is MANDATORY for all new students (transfers and freshmen) at Alderson Broaddus University.
Orientation will be a combination of virtual and in-person sessions in small groups. All students can stay up to date with information about move-in and orientation through their personalized AB portal: my.ab.edu.
Orientation schedule – coming soon!
Check-in/Move-in for Fall 2021 will begin Saturday, August 7, and continue through Saturday, August 21.
- August 7 – Football move in
- August 14 – All other Fall sports move in
- August 20 – New and transfer students move in
- August 21 – Returning students move in
- August 20-22 – Orientation for new students
You can learn about our residence halls here. We offer a variety of styles and amenities.
If you will be living on campus, be sure to submit your Official Housing Request. The request form will be available beginning at the end of April or early May and will remain open until the end of July.
If you want to commute, be sure to submit your Off-Campus Housing Request.
If you have a documented medical condition that requires a special housing consideration, please submit a Request for Housing Accommodation so we can best meet your needs.
If you haven’t done so already, please complete these steps to ensure you receive financial aid:
- Submit your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. AB federal school code is 003806
- Review, sign, and return one copy of your financial aid award letter
- Once awarded your financial aid package, you will receive two copies of your award letter. The student must sign and return one copy. (The other is for your records). In reviewing your aid, read the information on the reverse of your award letter. Sign and return one copy via fax 304. 457.6391, email firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail.
- Complete BOTH Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at http://www.studentloans.gov (If you are accepting your federal student loans, you MUST complete these steps to receive funds)
- This is required by the Department of Education should you, the student, wish to accept your student loans included in your financial aid package. Go to http://www.studentloans.gov/ and complete BOTH Entrance Counseling & MPN. Loan funds cannot be put toward your bill until these steps are completed.
- Other — if the Financial Aid Office (FAO) has contacted you regarding verification, you will want to complete that process immediately in order to obtain aid.
- Determine if you need more funding through financial aid.
For a complete Financial Aid Check Sheet, click here.
If you are eligible for work-study, you will need to bring ID to complete the Employment Verification/Tax forms. Click here to see what forms of ID you need to bring. The Financial Aid Office can make copies of the information provided, and you can keep the originals.
Questions? Email the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or call us at 304.457.6354.
Bills will be sent out in early June. Please check the bill upon receipt. The expectation is that outstanding balances be paid, or payment plans established, prior to the first day of classes.
Payment plan information can be found here.
Student Health Assessment Forms
Set Up Your Online Health Forms Account
We use the Med+Proctor and Sportware online systems for our health and immunization forms. Student-athletes will use Sportsware and non-athletes will use Med+Proctor.
Sportsware is an Athletic Training health tracking system for student-athletes and also retains all student–athlete immunization and medical information. You can access the site at https://sportswareonline.com/. Please refer to the attached information on how to set up your account.
Medproctor is a repository for health information for non-athletes. Once you deposit, your account is created. Use your battlers.ab.edu email address to create your own password, fill out your medical history, and download/upload your immunization/health forms.
Ensure that you have a working battlers.ab.edu email address. You must be able to receive and check your battlers.ab.edu email account in order to complete this process.
If you have difficulty using the MedProctor platform, you may contact MedProctor between 8 AM and 4 PM Monday through Friday to:
- Browse the help topics
- Use the chat feature on the lower right side of the screen
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Student Affairs is unable to provide MedProctor technical support.
The deadline for completion of Sportsware and Medproctor is July 31, 2021.
If you do not have a class schedule, the Registrar will be preparing your schedule and will mail you a copy of your schedule with a packet of information. Registration takes place at New Student Registration Days; please sign up here: New Student Registration Days
Textbooks are available in the bookstore located on campus and online.