|Course #||Credit Hours||Course Name
|____||BUSI||111||1||Professionalism & Business Leadership|
|____||PSYC||315||3||Introduction to Sport Psychology|
|____||SPMT||101||3||Introduction to Sport Management|
|____||SPMT||130||3||Budget and Finance of Sport Management|
|____||SPMT||150||3||Technology in Sport|
|____||SPMT||215||3||Social Media & Public Relations in Sport|
|____||SPMT||240||3||Sport Facility and Event Management|
|____||SPMT||305||3||Sport Law and Ethics|
|____||SPMT||410||3||Seminar of Current Issues in Sport Management|
|____||SPMT||485||6||Sport Management Internship|
|Required: 3 of the following 4 courses|
|____||SPMT||320||3||Organizational Behavior in Sport|
|____||SPMT||355||3||Leadership in Sport|
|____||SPMT||400||3||Program Planning in Recreational Sport|
|PLUS requirements of any of the following minors :|
|____||Requirements of a Business Major|
Foreign Language: Not required
Liberal Studies Program: As outlined on the appropriate Liberal Studies check sheet.
Among requirements for graduation, the student must have a grade point average of 2.00 or higher in the major and have 120 college-level credit hours.
Alderson Broaddus University offers an interdisciplinary sport management degree, an exciting program that will benefit students who have an interest in the ever-growing business of sport. The program includes courses in sports law, management, marketing, finance, and prepares students for a position in professional and intercollegiate athletics and the industries that serve them.
The sport management program enables students to:
- Understand the depth and unique character of the sport and recreation industry.
- Comprehend the priority of abilities for employment and career advancement in the sport management industry.
- Recognize the importance of characteristics such as initiative and persistence.
- Build skills in the industry to design, implement, and evaluate business strategies.
- Communicate effectively and professionally within the field.
- Develop leadership skills to manage the field effectively.
Dynamic faculty align the curriculum which builds on such sports-related management skills as:
- Sports Marketing
- Athletic Administration
- Facility Management
- Business Strategies
- Special Event Management
- Legal issues
- Leisure and Fitness
- New Program Planning