Alderson Broaddus University School of Nursing offers an innovative opportunity for licensed practical nurses to earn a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing without sacrificing work and family responsibilities. Designed to meet the needs of the LPN, the LPN-BSN Program offers the following program benefits:
- Complete the bachelor’s degree in nursing in approximately 36 months of full-time study.
- Convert accredited LPN education into 20 college credits.
- Attend classes one weekend per month with the majority of clinical experiences on weekends, thus minimizing interference with work schedules and family responsibilities.
- Attend small classes with the same students throughout the program.
- Gain satisfaction from fulfilling an educational goal.
- Elective class available for the School Nurse Option.
- Gain communication and management skills.
- Strengthen your position in the job market.
- Graduates from Alderson Broaddus University’s LPN-BSN Program are required to complete 120 credits, which include credit requirements in nursing and the Liberal Studies program.
For additional information on this exciting opportunity, contact:
|Course #||Credit Hours||Course Name
|____||PHIL||391||3||Ethics of Health Care|
|Plus the Following Professional Courses:|
|____||NRSG||205||4||Transition to Professional Nursing|
|____||NRSG||250||3||Lifespan Physical & Health Assessment|
|____||NRSG||270||3||Parmacology for Nursing Care of Adults I|
|____||NRSG||280||5||Nursing Care of Adults I|
|____||NRSG||330||5||Nursing Care of Childbearing Famlies|
|____||NRSG||340||5||Nursing Care of Adults II|
|____||NRSG||350||3||Acute Psychosocial Nursing|
|____||NRSG||370||6||Nursing Care of Children|
|____||NRSG||380||5||Nursing Care of Adults III|
|____||NRSG||410||5||Care of the Patient with Complex Health Issues I|
|____||NRSG||420||4||Community Mental Health Nursing|
|____||NRSG||430||1||Improving Critical Thinking through Test-Taking Strategies: NCLEX-RN Part I|
|____||NRSG||450||3||Nurse as Manager|
|____||NRSG||460||5||Care of the Patient with Complex Health Issues II|
|____||NRSG||470||4||Community as Client|
|____||NRSG||480||1||Improving Critical Thinking through Test-Taking
Strategies: NCLEX-RN Part II
Foreign Language: Not Required
Liberal Studies Program: As outlined on the appropriate Liberal Studies Check Sheet.
* Indicates courses that also meet Liberal Studies requirements
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATION: The student must earn a grade of C or higher in all required support courses, a 2.5 cumulative GPA, and must pass (or meet remediation requirements) for HESI Exit comprehensive examination. Nursing courses require a grade of C in each course to progress in the major.