- Accounting View Curriculum
- Biology View Curriculum
- Business Administration View Curriculum
- Chemistry View Curriculum
- Computer Science View Curriculum
- Criminal Justice View Curriculum
Criminal justice is a dynamic field with numerous job opportunities for graduates. These areas include, but are not limited to, the following: law enforcement, corrections, homeland security, private security, and juvenile justice. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that these areas will continue to be a source of steady employment opportunities.
By participating in field practicums or internships at various law enforcement agencies, students gain valuable, hands-on experience that is beneficial for future employment. Internships may be conducted at agencies located within an hour’s drive of campus.
- Cyber Security View Curriculum
- Elementary Education View Curriculum
- Environmental Science View Curriculum
- Exercise Science View Curriculum
- Journalism & Professional Writing View Curriculum
Journalism students learn to write, edit, and report news articles for publication via print, broadcast, and new media. Students gain practical experience by serving on the staff of the Battler Columns, ABU’s student newspaper. Each journalism and professional writing student is required to participate in an 80-hour internship in a related field. These internships often materialize into full-time employment upon graduation.
- Legal Studies View Curriculum
Launched in 2015, the ABU Legal Studies major prepares students to attend law school or enter other legal related careers, such as court clerks, paralegals, and mediators. As an interdisciplinary program, the legal studies’ curriculum addresses the meanings, values, practices, and institutions of law and ethics.
- Marketing View Curriculum
- Mass Communication View Curriculum
ABU’s mass communication program is offered with two concentrations. The general concentration is a holistic look at mass media technologies. Students explore announcing, video production, social media, and media studies. The goal of the general concentration is to prepare students to be mass communication professionals in business and industry.
The digital media concentration specifically focuses on digital design, photography, social media, and web design. Students in both concentrations have been honored at the state and regional levels by the Public Relations Society of America and the Society for Professional Journalists.
- Mathematics View Curriculum
- Ministry and Leadership View Curriculum
Ministry and leadership prepares students to have professional or personal ministries within and outside the parameters of a local congregation. Several tracks cater to distinct ministry goals. Many ministry and leadership students participate in one or several mission trips while at ABU.
- Music Education View Curriculum
- Natural Resource Management View Curriculum
- Nursing View Curriculum
- Petroleum Management View Curriculum
- Physical Education View Curriculum
- Political Science View Curriculum
Whether preparing for a career in government, public administration; or law, ABU’s political science program provides a comprehensive approach to the issues of local, state, national, and international governance and policy. During significant election years, students work directly as pollsters and precinct volunteers.
- Pre-Professional Studies View Curriculum
- Psychology View Curriculum
ABU’s psychology program provides a solid foundation for a career in psychology, social work, or counseling by preparing students for graduate education in their chosen field of practice. Graduates may opt to enter a wide variety of social service fields, such as mental health, corrections, family services, welfare, and child protective services.
- Public Relations View Curriculum
Upon graduation, ABU public relations’ students enter the exciting field of media relations. Graduates are prepared to construct advertising campaigns and be able to craft and implement internal and external communications. Emphasis is placed on the written word and an attention to detail.
- Secondary Education View Curriculum
- Sport Management View Curriculum
- Secondary Education View Curriculum