> A Tight-Knit Community of Thinkers and Doers
Home » Academics » Colleges of AB » College of Business
Why Business at AB?
- The College has a superior record of placing students in their careers after graduation.
- Internships are strongly encouraged and often required in the majors to allow students to gain valuable real-world experience.
- Members of the prestigious and active international organization, ENACTUS, are dedicated to creating a better world by developing the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders and social innovators.
- The College helps students enter the state-wide business plan competition, which helps students gain experience in business plan writing and getting their thoughts from a great idea to a written, actionable business plan. We provide students with the education, skills, contacts, and motivation necessary to create a viable start-up company in West Virginia. Finalist teams will pitch to investors in the final round for a chance to secure funding for their idea.
- There are also opportunities for students to design and create their own products. The students have to put into practice the knowledge they acquire in class about the production and sourcing of materials. Students find a producer for their product that meets their time and cost restraints. Finally, they develop a plan to market and sell their products, gaining hands-on experience that is valuable and priceless in today’s business environment.
- The programs in the College of Business allow students to double major and still graduate in four years, thus increasing their marketability for future jobs.