I’m Accepted… Now What?
Congratulations on your acceptance to Alderson Broaddus University!
Your next step is to submit a $200 enrollment deposit. This deposit secures your spot in the incoming Battler class. Your enrollment deposit can be made by check (made payable to Alderson Broaddus University), money order (made payable to Alderson Broaddus University) mailed to Box 2003 101 College Hill Dr. Philippi, WV 26416, or by credit card over the phone. You must submit your enrollment deposit before requesting housing or submitting your health forms. If you have any questions please call the admissions office at (304)-457-6256.
AB Email Account
After you deposit, you will receive your AB email username and password in the mail. Please allow two weeks to receive your account information via the mail. Please review this information after you receive it, and begin checking your AB email regularly for updates and announcements regarding Housing, Orientation, and Move-in. If you have questions regarding your username and password, please contact IT at 304-457-6331.
These items need to be completed by New & Transfer students by check-in on Sunday January 7 at 5 p.m.
- Submit $200 Enrollment Deposit
- Receive active AB email account
- Request Housing
- Complete Financial Aid Check Sheet
- Register for Classes
- Complete Health Assessment on MedProctor
- Register for Parking Permit or Vehicle Waiver Form
- Bill is paid in full or payment plan arranged
Orientation – January 7-9, 2018
The Alderson Broaddus family is looking forward to welcoming you to the campus and assisting you with your transition into college.
Orientation is MANDATORY for all new students (transfers and freshman) at Alderson Broaddus University.
- Spring Orientation Schedule
You can learn about our residence halls here. We offer a variety of styles and amenities.
If you need help finding a roommate, RoomSync Roommate Matching can aid you in finding a roommate with similar interests. You will receive more information about using RoomSync via your battler.ab.edu email.
If you will be living on campus, be sure to submit your Official Housing Request. Requests for the Fall semester can be submitted beginning in March.
If you have a documented medical condition that requires a special housing consideration, please submit a Request for Housing Accommodation so we can best meet your needs.
If you haven’t done so already, please complete these steps to ensure you receive financial aid:
- Submit your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. AB federal school code is 003806
- Review, sign and return one copy of your financial aid award letter
- Once awarded your financial aid package, you will receive two copies of your award letter. The student must sign and return on copy. (The other is for your records). In reviewing your aid, read the information on the reverse of your award letter. Sign and return one copy via fax (304) 457-6391, email email@example.com or postal mail.
- Complete BOTH Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov. (If you are accepting your federal student loans, you MUST complete these steps to receive funds)
- This is required by the Department of Education should you, the student, wish to accept your student loans included in your financial aid package. Go to http://www.studentloans.gov/ and complete BOTH Entrance Counseling & MPN. Loan funds cannot be put toward your bill until these steps are completed.
- Other — if the FAO has contacted you regarding verification, you will want to complete that process immediately in order to obtain aid.
- Determine if you need more funding through financial aid.
For a complete Financial Aid Check Sheet click here.
Questions? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us (304) 457-6354.
You must be registered for Spring Classes. If you do not have a class schedule, the Registrar will be preparing your schedule and will mail you a copy of your schedule with a packet of information.
Student Health Assessment Forms
Set Up Your Online Health Forms Account
We use the Med+Proctor online system for our health and immunization forms. Use your battlers.ab.edu email address to register, create your own password, fill out your medical history, and download/upload your immunization/health forms to the Med+Proctor site. The deadline for completion is January 7.
Click the Med+Proctor logo below and register in order to complete and submit your Medical Information Form.
Ensure that you have a working battlers.ab.edu email address. You must be able to receive and check your battlers.ab.edu email account in order to complete this process.
If you have difficulty using the MedProctor platform, you may contact MedProctor between 8AM and 4PM Monday through Friday:
- Browse the help topics
- Use the chat feature on the lower right side of the screen
- Email email@example.com
Office of Student Affairs is unable to provide MedProctor technical support.
All students who will have a vehicle on campus must register it with Campus Safety. When you arrive to campus, you can pick up your parking pass in the Campus Safety Office, located in the Student Center Lobby.
If you will not have a vehicle on campus, you must complete a Vehicle Waiver Form. The Business Office will send you a copy of this form. You can also pick up this form in the Business Office.
Your Spring semester bill must be paid in full or a payment plan arranged by January 9. Bills will be sent out in early January. Please check bill upon receipt.
Payment plan information can be found here.
If you are eligible for work study, you will need to bring ID to complete the Employment Verification/Tax forms. Click here to see what forms of ID you need to bring. The Business Office can make copies of the information provided, and you can keep the originals.
Textbooks are available in the bookstore located on campus and online.