Alderson Broaddus University Only WV School Named in "Great School, Great Price" Category
Alderson Broaddus University has been named one of the Best Regional Colleges in the South in the 2011 edition of “America’s Best Colleges” released recently by U.S. News & World Report. Alderson Broaddus University is ranked 22nd in this year’s edition. The institution is also ranked 7th in the South in the category of “Great Schools, Great Prices,” the only school in West Virginia to be named.
Alderson Broaddus University’s honor of being the only West Virginia College to be named in the “Great Schools, Great Prices” indicates that ABU students are receiving a great value in relation to the cost of attendance. Only schools ranked in, or near, the top half of their categories are included.
Highlights of the college rankings will be published in the September issue of U.S.News & World Report, available on newsstands August 31. The 2011 Best Colleges guidebook will be on newsstands August 24. For more information on the America’s Best Colleges 2011 Rankings, log on to www.usnews.com
2013-2014 Academic Calendar (updated 3/13/14)
2014-2015 Academic Calendar (updated 3/13/14)
Degrees & Majors
Athletic Training ››
Business Admin. ››
Christian Studies ››
Criminal Justice ››
Elementary Education ››
Environmental Science ››
Music Degrees ››
Honors Program ››
Alderson Broaddus University offers academic minors in international studies and offers at least six international studies opportunities for students to study in, and experience, other countries.
International Studies ››
Academic Center for Educational Success
Liberal Studies ››
The Liberal Studies program at Alderson Broaddus University has been designed to meet criteria stated in the mission statement of the College; particularly, all academic programs will be based upon a strong Liberal Arts foundation which prepares students for responsible citizenship and lifelong learning.
All applicants to the physician assistant program who will note have their bachelors degree upon entering the college must also complete the following Liberal Studies Courses PRIOR to enrolling into the Physician Assistant program:
• College freshman level composition (3 credit hours)
• Second college level composition (3 credit hours)
• Speech: Public Speaking (3 credit hours)
• *Math: College Algebra or higher level (3 credit hours)
• Introductory course in computers (3 credit hours)
• *Four credit hours of science with a lab
• Introduction to the Bible, or Old Testament, or New Testament (3 credit hours)
• **Psychology (3 credit hours)
• Introduction to Political Science, or American Government, or Introduction to Economics, or Micro-economics, or Macro-economics (3 credit hours)
• Six credit hours of U.S. History or World History
• Literature (3 credit hours)
• Four credit hours of Art, Music, Theatre, or Creative Writing
NOTE: See college catalog for complete details on the Liberal studies program at Alderson Broaddus University.
Those students who will have a Bachelor's Degree upon enrolling at the college will only need to have met the religion course and the philosophy requirement.
Open 7 days a week.
Mon.- Thurs. 8 am - 10 pm, Fri. 8 am - 5 pm, Sat. 1 pm - 5 pm, Sun. 1 pm - 10 pm
Pickett Library ››