The Liberal Studies program at Alderson-Broaddus has been designed to meet criteria stated in the mission statement of the College; particularly, all academic programs will be based upon a strong Liberal Arts foundation which prepares students for responsible citizenship and lifelong learning.
All applicants to the physician assistant program who will note have their bachelors degree upon entering the college must also complete the following Liberal Studies Courses PRIOR to enrolling into the Physician Assistant program:
• College freshman level composition (3 credit hours)
• Second college level composition (3 credit hours)
• Speech: Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication (3 credit hours)
• *Math: College Algebra or higher level (3 credit hours)
• Introductory course in computers (3 credit hours)
• *Six credit hours of science with a lab
• Introduction to the Bible, or Old Testament, or New Testament (3 credit hours)
• **Psychology (3 credit hours)
• Introduction to Political Science, or American Government, or Introduction to Economics, or Micro-economics, or Macro-economics (3 credit hours)
• Six credit hours of U.S. History or World History
• Literature (3 credit hours)
• One credit hour of Art, Music, Theatre, or Creative Writing
• **Health course
* Prerequisite for the PA program
**Course included in the PA program which fulfills goal
NOTE: See college catalog for complete details on the Liberal studies program at Alderson-Broaddus College.
Those students who will have a Bachelor's Degree upon enrolling at the college will only need to have met the religion course requirement.