• Register for ACT/SAT if you have not taken it yet. Be sure to have your test scores sent to Alderson-Broaddus College (either by mail or online)
• Make a list of your top 5-10 colleges and note their application deadlines and visit opportunities. Be sure to check out our Visit Day Opportunities
Get organized! Create a master calendar with reminders about:
- Test dates, fees, and deadlines
- College application due dates
- Required financial aid applications/deadlines
- Recommendations, transcripts, and other necessary materials
- Visiting your top colleges
• Begin searching for external scholarship opportunities. Talk with your guidance counselor and also visit some free scholarship search engines like FastWeb
- Start working on your college essay(s)
- Go ahead and APPLY to your top 5-10 colleges. To apply to Alderson-Broaddus College, either obtain a paper application (you can request one by calling 1-800-263-1549) or you can apply online now.
• Stay informed about college fairs in your area. Also watch for visits at your high school from different colleges. Check out where and when your admissions counselor from Alderson-Broaddus will be visiting your school.
• Arrange to have your transcript sent to the colleges of your choice. If you’ve taken the ACT or SAT already, be sure to send your test scores, too. To send your transcript/test scores to Alderson-Broaddus College, mail to: P.O. Box 2003, Philippi, WV 26416
• Sign up for a TGIF or Senior Sleepover at Alderson-Broaddus College. Just call 1-800-263-1549
• Apply for admissions and scholarships if you haven’t already. You can apply online to Alderson-Broaddus for faster submission
• Continue to watch for opportunities to meet with Admissions Counselors at college fairs and your high school.
• Sign up for TGIF at Alderson-Broaddus College:
- Set up your visit by calling 1-800-263-1549
- Or make a reservation for our upcoming Senior Sleepover!
• Plan to attend a TGIF or Senior Sleepover at Alderson-Broaddus
• Complete an early estimator form from our Financial Aid office. Call our admissions office to request a form if you have trouble with the on-line form
• Stay informed about college fairs in your area, and be sure to meet with college representatives when they visit your high school
• Finalize your applications and be sure you have requested your high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores be sent to each school you have applied to
• Enjoy the Holidays!
• Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Either obtain a copy from your guidance office, college financial aid office, or apply online (this is the best option!) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to list the A-B school code: 003806. Schedule an appointment with our Financial Aid office for assistance: 1-800-263-1549
• Continue searching/applying for external scholarships
- If you haven’t already, submit college applications and be sure to include your transcript/test scores when you submit your application
- For music majors and students interested in the West Virginians: contact your Alderson-Broaddus College Admissions counselor and begin to discuss auditions for the music department and other ensembles. Audition time is quickly approaching
- Start out the New Year with a visit to Alderson-Broaddus! Sign up for TGIF or next month’s Senior Sleepover. Contact the Admissions Office at 1-800-263-1549
• If you still haven’t had the chance to visit, or if you would like to revisit, check out TGIF or this month’s Senior Sleepover
- Reminder: Be sure to apply for federal financial assistance by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Priority deadline is March 1. Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov or contact your guidance counselor or college financial aid office to obtain a paper copy. Alderson-Broaddus’ school code is 003806. Be sure to list it on your FAFSA
• Music Majors: schedule your audition by calling our Admissions Office. Auditions are this month and next month, so reserve a spot soon!
• Narrow your college list down to 3-5 and visit each campus
- If you didn’t get a chance to attend this month’s Senior Sleepover, call your Alderson- Broaddus admissions counselor (1-800-263-1549) and reserve your space for next month’s
• Priority deadline for Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is March 1. If you miss the deadline, still complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. Be sure to include A-B’s school code: 003806
• Submit your $100 enrollment deposit to reserve your space in the incoming freshman class.
- The deposit is refundable until May 1.
- Continue to visit colleges. Sign up to visit A-B!
- Senior Sleepover
- Thank Goodness Its Friday
- Just call 1-800-263-1549 and reserve a spot today!
• If you haven’t already, please send your transcripts and test scores to the admissions office at A-B: 101 College Hill Drive, Box 2003, Philippi, WV 26416
• Visit our campus. Contact your Admissions Counselor at 1-800-263-1549
- Notify schools that you will not be attending of your decision
- Continue to look for outside scholarships
- If you’ve completed you’re FAFSA, then review your Financial Aid award. For Alderson- Broaddus, students have approximately two weeks to accept or reject the financial aid award
• If you’ve made your final decision, notify your college and submit your enrollment deposit
Reserve your space for our TGIF. Contact your Admissions Counselor at 1-800-263-1549
If you haven’t already, schedule a visit to campus. Meet with a faculty member and take a campus tour. To schedule a visit at Alderson-Broaddus, simply call our Admissions Office at 1-800-263-1549
• Make arrangements to have your final transcript sent to our Admissions Office: 101 College Hill Drive, Box 2003, Philippi, WV 26416
• New Student Pre-Registration
- To make arrangements to attend, call your Admissions Counselor at 1-800-263-1549
• Continue to stay in contact with your admissions counselor. Let them know of any questions or concerns that you have about starting college.
• Contact your roommate. Get to know them and figure out what items they are planning to bring with them to college. Remember that you only have a limited amount of space to work with.
• We look forward to seeing you at New Student Orientation next month.
Welcome to the A-B Family!