Tuition, Scholarships & Grants
Undergraduate Student Fees
|2014-2015 Total Costs|
|Full Time Tuition (12-17 credits)||$22,530|
|Double Room and Board||$7,236|
Scholarships & Grants
ABU Scholarship and Grant Awarding Policy
Alderson Broaddus University Scholarships/Grants are earmarked for undergraduate, full-time, on-campus study for up to eight semesters. AB Scholarships are tuition specific. AB Grants may be used for tuition, fees, room and board. Also, ABU Scholarships/Grants are only awarded during fall and spring semesters. Students who are eligible to receive benefits for Tuition Exchange (tuition exemption from another institution – TE) or Tuition Remission (tuition exemption from ABU – TR) are not eligible to receive Alderson Broaddus University Scholarships/Grants in conjunction with the TE/TR award amount. A student’s TE/TR award amount is determined by the ABU employee’s employment status and handbook policy. TR may be awarded in summer; however, eligibility is determined by handbook policy. Athletic aid awarded per contract requires that all contractual provisions be met and student resides on campus. Athletic aid is only awarded during fall and spring semesters.
Outside scholarships/grants/benefits may affect Institutional or State grants and scholarships. Such outside scholarships may reduce the scholarship/grant eligibility of the student dollar for dollar. This includes but is not limited to:
- Veteran Affairs Benefits
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
- Alderson Broaddus University Full-Tuition Scholarships
2014-2015 Academic Scholarships
All Alderson Broaddus University applicants are considered for one (1) academic scholarship and are awarded at the following levels:
Trustee with Distinction Scholarship ($12,000)
- The average profile of a Trustee with Distinction recipient consists of a HS GPA of 3.85 and an
- ACT average of 32/SAT 1435.
- The value of this award over four years is $48,000.
Trustee Scholarship ($10,000)
- The average profile of a Trustee recipient consists of a HS GPA of 3.6 and an ACT average of 26/SAT 1185.
- The value of this award over four years is $40,000.
Presidential Scholarship ($8,000)
- The average profile of a Presidential recipient consists of a HS GPA of 3.35 and an ACT average of 23/SAT 1070.
- The value of this award over four years is $32,000.
Dean Scholarship ($6,000)
- The average profile of a Dean recipient consists of a HS GPA of 3.1 and an ACT average of 20/SAT 955.
- The value of this award over four years is $24,000
Legacy Scholarship ($3,000)
- Grandparent, parent or sibling is a graduate of Alderson Broaddus University.