You are eligible to submit your FAFSA beginning January 1 of your senior year in high school. Your FAFSA, along with your acceptance to Alderson-Broaddus College, will result in a financial aid package being prepared just for you.
However, if you are not yet eligible to submit your FAFSA or have not done so yet, completing this Early Estimator will allow the financial aid office to calculate an ESTIMATE of your financial aid eligibility.
Obtaining a financial aid estimate via the Early Estimator is as easy as 1..2..3
We need your EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) index. You can obtain your EFC by one of two methods:
1. If you are eligible to complete your FAFSA (after January 1st of your senior year in high school), you may complete your FAFSA and you will receive your EFC once completed.
------- OR ---------
2. If you are not eligible, or are not ready to complete your FAFSA, then complete the following steps to obtain an estimated EFC number:
Using the US Department of Education FAFSA4caster tool, determine your estimated Estimate Family Contribution (EFC). Be sure to scroll down to locate the FAFSA4caster tool on the right. To determine your EFC, follow these easy steps:
• Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov
• Click on FAFSA4caster (Right hand side under “Thinking About College?”)
• Complete the STUDENT INFORMATION and PARENT INFORMATION sections and then click Submit.
Pay careful attention to the “Help and Hint” box appearing on the right for each question
as it is important to provide complete and accurate information.
• On the second page (“The College Cost Worksheet”), it is NOT necessary to complete any information to obtain your EFC. Simply scroll to the bottom of the page and click Calculate.
• Your EFC will be shown about two-thirds of the page down and will appear as such: Your estimated EFC is xxxxx
Answer the questionnaire below. If a question doesn't apply to you, please enter N/A as your answer:
Submit your information to the Financial Aid Office at Alderson-Broaddus to obtain your estimate of financial aid. You will receive your estimate of financial aid from your admissions counselor or coach within the next few weeks.