The mission of ABU Counseling Services is to support members of the ABU Community in managing their own emotional health. By offering a non-judgmental time and place, caring, expertise, and outreach, Counseling Services seeks to help restore individuals to their optimal functioning so that they can contribute back to the community in their own chosen profession and ways of caring.
- Counseling Center located on campus at 225 Burbick Hall. Office hours are M-F, 9am-4:30pm, with flexible scheduling available if normal hours do not fit needs
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) on staff to provide experienced counseling services for a variety of emotional health needs
- No charge for counseling sessions and no set limit on the number of sessions
- Confidential Services– No information given to parents, faculty, staff, coaches, etc. unless a release of information is signed (*required disclosures may apply in cases of ongoing child abuse, etc.)
- Referrals to other facilities if off-campus services are preferred, or if medication management is the primary goal. Crisis management is available on campus
- Programming Activities and Presentations throughout the year, including: Anxiety, Depression, Eating Disorder Screenings, Sexual Assault/Stalking, Grief and Loss, Therapy Dog Visits, etc.
To Schedule an Appointment:
Chad Hostetler, MA, LPC
Director of Personal Counseling Services
225 Burbick Hall
If emergency after-hours services are required, please first contact your Residence Director or ABU Security (304) 457-7666. Staff should be available 24/7, and can provide services or connect students with appropriate resources.