231 Burbick Hall
(304) 457-6320, Hours: 9am-4:30pm
Chad Hostetler, MA, LPC, Director
• A Counseling Center located on campus at 231 Burbick Hall. Students can call x6320 or e-mail email@example.com to set up an appointment, or walk-in to see if the counselor is available.
• Office hours are 9am-4:30pm, Mon-Fri, with flexible scheduling available if normal hours do not meet students’ needs.
• Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) on staff to provide experienced counseling services for a variety of emotional health issues.
• Multiple Counseling Sessions at no cost to A-B students (average # is 2 to 10 sessions)
• Confidential Services. No information will be given to parents, faculty, residence life, etc. unless authorized by you or unless “imminent harm to self or others” requires disclosure
• Crisis Counseling and Assistance through Counseling Services, and in conjunction with residence life, campus security, peer advocates, Appalachian Community Health Care, Women’s Aid in Crisis, and local hospitals.
• Referrals to other facilities if off-campus services are preferred, or if medication management is the primary goal.
• Programming Activities and Presentations throughout the year including: General and Social Anxiety, Depression, Stress Management, Sexual Assault, Grief, etc.
• Stress, general anxiety, test anxiety, panic attacks
• Dealing with conflict or difficult people
• Family expectations, dynamics, or problems
• Depression, lack of energy, hopelessness, being overwhelmed, low self-esteem, homesickness, loneliness
• Relationship difficulties (emotional and physical aspects of intimate relationships)
• Helping others in distress
• Eating problems or body image issues
• Grief from the loss of a loved one or a relationship breakup
• Time management, perfectionism, procrastination
• Lack of confidence, assertiveness, self-esteem
• Addiction to substances, the internet, technology, gambling, etc.
• Victim of physical/sexual/emotional abuse (past or present), rape, or attempted rape
• Suicidal thoughts or attempts
• Questions or concerns regarding sexuality or sexual identity
• Self-cutting behaviors
Please call (304) 457- 6320 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment. You may leave a message if needed, and your call will be returned promptly. Additionally, feel free to stop by 231 Burbick Hall to see if the counselor is available. If normal hours do not meet your needs, after-hours appointments can be scheduled.
If emergency after-hours services are required, please first contact a member of AB residence life, AB Security (304) 457-7911, Womens Aid in Crisis (304) 457-5020, or Appalachian Community Health Care (304) 636-3232. Staff should be available 24/7, and can provide services or connect students with appropriate resources.