I’m Accepted… Now What?
Congratulations on your acceptance to Alderson Broaddus University!
Your next step is to submit a $200 enrollment deposit. This deposit secures your spot in the incoming Battler class. Your enrollment deposit can be made by check (made payable to Alderson Broaddus University), money order (made payable to Alderson Broaddus University) mailed to Box 2003 101 College Hill Dr. Philippi, WV 26416, or by credit card over the phone. You must submit your enrollment deposit before requesting housing or submitting your health forms. If you have any questions please call the admissions office at (304)-457-6256.
ABU Email Account
After you deposit, you will receive your ABU email username and password in the mail. Please allow two weeks to receive your account information via the mail. Please review this information after you receive it, and begin checking your ABU email regularly for updates and announcements regarding Housing, Orientation, and Move-in. If you have questions regarding your username and password, please contact IT at 304-457-6331.
New Student Registration Day
This registration is a very important step to finalize your path to Alderson Broaddus University. We want to prepare you academically and financially for the upcoming year as a service to you as a new student.
Orientation (DATES CHANGED) – August 18-21, 2018
The Alderson Broaddus family is looking forward to welcoming you to the campus and assisting you with your transition into college.
Orientation is MANDATORY for all new students (transfers and freshman) at Alderson Broaddus University.
You can learn about our residence halls here. We offer a variety of styles and amenities.
If you need help finding a roommate, RoomSync Roommate Matching can aid you in finding a roommate with similar interests. You will receive more information about using RoomSync via your battler.ab.edu email.
If you will be living on campus, be sure to submit your Official Housing Request. Requests for the Fall semester can be submitted beginning in April.
If you want to commute, be sure to submit your Off-Campus Housing Request.
If you have a documented medical condition that requires a special housing consideration, please submit a Request for Housing Accommodation so we can best meet your needs.
- Submit your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. ABU federal school code is 003806
- Review, sign and return one copy of your financial aid award letter
- Once awarded your financial aid package, you will receive two copies of your award letter. The student must sign and return on copy. (The other is for your records). In reviewing your aid, read the information on the reverse of your award letter. Sign and return one copy via fax (304) 457-6391, email email@example.com or postal mail.
- Complete BOTH Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov. (If you are accepting your federal student loans, you MUST complete these steps to receive funds)
- This is required by the Department of Education should you, the student, wish to accept your student loans included in your financial aid package. Go to http://www.studentloans.gov/ and complete BOTH Entrance Counseling & MPN. Loan funds cannot be put toward your bill until these steps are completed.
- Other — if the FAO has contacted you regarding verification, you will want to complete that process immediately in order to obtain aid.
- Determine if you need more funding through financial aid.
For a complete Financial Aid Check Sheet click here.
Questions? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us (304) 457-6354.
Student Health Assessment Forms
Set Up Your Online Health Forms Account
We use the Med+Proctor online system for our health and immunization forms. You MUST use your battlers.ab.edu email address to register, create your own password, fill out your medical history, and download/upload your immunization/health forms to the Med+Proctor site. No other emails will be accepted. Please be sure to mark the proper entering term as well as new student and athlete as applicable. The deadline for completion is July 28.
Click the Med+Proctor logo below and register in order to complete and submit your Medical Information Form.
Ensure that you have a working battlers.ab.edu email address. You must be able to receive and check your battlers.ab.edu email account in order to complete this process.
If you have difficulty using the MedProctor platform, you may contact MedProctor between 8AM and 4PM Monday through Friday:
- Browse the help topics
- Use the chat feature on the lower right side of the screen
- Email email@example.com
Office of Student Affairs is unable to provide MedProctor technical support.
If you do not have a class schedule, the Registrar will be preparing your schedule and will mail you a copy of your schedule with a packet of information. Registration takes place at New Student Registration Days, please sign up at the link above.
Your Fall Semester bill must paid in full or a payment plan arranged by July 27 at 4pm.
Bills will be sent out in early July. Please check bill upon receipt.
Payment plan information can be found here.
If you are eligible for work study, you will need to bring ID to complete the Employment Verification/Tax forms. Click here to see what forms of ID you need to bring. The Business Office can make copies of the information provided, and you can keep the originals.