|Course #||Credit Hours||Course Name|
|_____||SPMT 200||3||Introduction to Sport Management|
|_____||SPMT 255||3||Sport Law and Ethics|
|_____||SPMT 320||3||Administration and Governance of Sport Organization|
|_____||SPMT 330||3||Advertising, Public Relations in Sport Management|
|_____||SPMT 340||3||Budget and Finance of Sport Management|
|_____||SPMT 400||3||Management of Sport Organization and Program Planning|
|_____||SPMT 410||3||Seminar of Current Issues in Sport Management|
|_____||SPMT 420||3||Sport Facility and Event Management|
|_____||SPMT 500||12||Sport Management Practicum|
|Plus requirements of any of the following minors:|
|OR||Requirements of a Business Major|
Foreign Language: Not required
Liberal Studies Program: As outlined on appropriate Liberal Studies check sheet.
Among requirements for graduation, the student must have a 2.00 average in the major and must pass a comprehensive examination planned and administered by the major division or department.
Alderson Broaddus University offers the interdisciplinary Sport Management degree, an exciting program that will benefit students who have an interest in the ever-growing business of sport. The program includes courses in sports law, management, marketing, finance and prepares students for a position in professional and intercollegiate athletics and the industries that serve them.
The BA degree with a concentration in sport management enables students to:
- Understand the depth and unique character of the sport and recreation industry.
- Comprehend the priority of abilities for employment and career advancement in the sport management industry.
- Recognize the importance of characteristics such as initiative and persistence.
- Build skills in the industry to design, implement and evaluate business strategies.
- Communicate effectively and professionally within the field.
- Develop leadership skills to effectively manage the field.
Students in the program earn a Bachelor of Arts degree with a Sport management concentration. Dynamic faculty align the curriculum which builds on such sports related management skills as:
- Sports Marketing
- Athletic Administration
- Facility Management
- Business Strategies
- Special Event Management
- Legal issues
- Leisure and Fitness
- New Program Planning