Alderson Broaddus University offers the interdisciplinary Sport Management degree, an exciting program that will benefit students who have an interest in the ever-growing business of sport. The program includes courses in sports law, management, marketing, finance and prepares students for a position in professional and intercollegiate athletics and the industries that serve them.
The BA degree with a concentration in sport management enables students to:
- Understand the depth and unique character of the sport and recreation industry.
- Comprehend the priority of abilities for employment and career advancement in the sport management industry.
- Recognize the importance of characteristics such as initiative and persistence.
- Build skills in the industry to design, implement and evaluate business strategies.
- Communicate effectively and professionally within the field.
- Develop leadership skills to effectively manage the field.
Students in the program earn a Bachelor of Arts degree with a Sport management concentration. Dynamic faculty align the curriculum which builds on such sports related management skills as:
- Sports Marketing
- Athletic Administration
- Facility Management
- Business Strategies
- Special Event Management
- Legal issues
- Leisure and Fitness
- New Program Planning
|Course #||Credit Hours||Course Name|
|_____||SPMT 200||3||Introduction to Sport Management|
|_____||SPMT 255||3||Sport Law and Ethics|
|_____||SPMT 320||3||Administration and Governance of Sport Organization|
|_____||SPMT 330||3||Advertising, Public Relations in Sport Management|
|_____||SPMT 340||3||Budget and Finance of Sport Management|
|_____||SPMT 400||3||Management of Sport Organization and Program Planning|
|_____||SPMT 410||3||Seminar of Current Issues in Sport Management|
|_____||SPMT 420||3||Sport Facility and Event Management|
|_____||SPMT 500||12||Sport Management Practicum|
|Plus requirements of any of the following minors:|
|OR||Requirements of a Business Major|
Foreign Language: Not required
Liberal Studies Program: As outlined on appropriate Liberal Studies check sheet.
Among requirements for graduation, the student must have a 2.00 average in the major and must pass a comprehensive examination planned and administered by the major division or department.