Leaving the College

Withdrawal from College
•  A student withdrawing from the College, either during an academic
term or at the completion of an academic term, must complete a
Withdrawal Form available in the Registrar’s Office.
•  Failure to comply with this procedure will result in the recording of
an “F” on the student’s permanent record.
•  Withdrawing from the college means withdrawing from all
registered courses. This is only permitted with a grade of “W” during the
period prior to the last day to withdraw each semester. After the last day
to withdraw, a grade in each course must be assigned.

Leave of Absence
•  Under unavoidable situations and for justifiable reasons a student
may be granted a Leave of Absence for one semester. A leave is granted
only when the absence seems necessary and the student definitely plans
to return when the period of absence expires.
•  A Leave of Absence form should be received from and returned
to the Registrar by the applicant. The applicant must get the required
•  The student is not eligible for financial aid from Alderson Broaddus
College during this time, and the student will enter his/her grace period
for student loan repayment.
•  The college will notify the VA that a student receiving veteran
benefits is not enrolled; the student himself/herself must also send such
notice to the VA. Any student aid or work assignment formerly held is
•  The college cannot make academic adjustments for courses missed.
•  NOTE: A student in the Physician Assistant Studies Program may be
permitted to decelerate by requesting a leave of absence from the Student
Progress Committee providing the student has achieved a 3.0 GPA in
all current courses. In general, deceleration will require the student to
return with the next entering class.
Transcript Requests
•  Persons who desire an official copy of their college record must
make a written request to the registrar.
•  The College’s transcript request form can be found at:
•  All financial obligations to the College must be satisfied before a
transcript will be issued, therefore requests should be made at least two
weeks before the transcript is needed. Once the repayment period has
begun, delinquency related to an educational loan will be regarded to be
reason for withholding transcripts.