Alderson Broaddus University School of Nursing offers an innovative opportunity for licensed practical nurses to earn a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing without sacrificing work and family responsibilities. Designed to meet the needs of the LPN, the LPN-BSN Program offers the following program benefits:
- Complete the bachelor’s degree in nursing in approximately 36 months of full-time study.
- Convert accredited LPN education into 20 college credits.
- Attend classes one weekend per month and clinical four days per month, minimizing interference with work schedules and family responsibilities.
- Attend small classes with the same students throughout the program.
- Gain satisfaction from fulfilling an educational goal.
- Elective class available for the School Nurse Option.
- Gain communication and management skills.
- Strengthen your position in the job market.
- Graduates from Alderson Broaddus University’s LPN-BSN Program are required to complete 120 credits, which include credit requirements in nursing and the Liberal Studies program.
For additional information on this exciting opportunity, contact:
Mrs. Alice Rosanski
Director of the LPN-BSN Program
|Course #||Credit Hours||Course Name|
|_____||MATH||3||Any math course that meets Liberal Studies Goal I-B|
|_____||CSCI 225||3||Medical Informatics*|
|_____||PHIL 391||3||Ethical Perspective on Health Related Issues|
|_____||PSYCH 220||3||Human Development*|
|Plus the following professional courses|
|_____||NRSG 205||4||Transition to Professional Nursing|
|_____||NRSG 250||3||Lifespan Physical & Health Assessment|
|_____||NRSG 271||3||Pharmacology for Nursing Care of Adults I|
|_____||NRSG 280||5||Nursing Care of Adults I|
|_____||NRSG 310||3||Nursing Research|
|_____||NRSG 330||5||Nursing Care of Childbearing Families|
|_____||NRSG 340||5||Nursing Care of Adults II|
|_____||NRSG 350||3||Acute Psychosocial Nursing|
|_____||NRSG 370||6||Nursing Care of Children|
|_____||NRSG 380||5||Nursing Care of Adults III|
|_____||NRSG 410||5||Care of the Patient with Complex Health Issues I|
|_____||NRSG 420||4||Community Mental Health Nursing|
|_____||NRSG 430||1||Improving Critical Thinking through Test-Taking Strategies NCLEX-RN Part I|
|_____||NRSG 440||3||Community as Client: Clinical Immersion|
|_____||NRSG 450||3||Nurse as Manager|
|_____||NRSG 460||5||Care of the Patient with Complex Health Issues II|
|_____||NRSG 470||3||Community as Client|
|_____||NRSG 480||1||Improving Critical Thinking through Test-Taking Strategies: NCLEX-RN Part II|
Foreign Language: Not Required
Liberal Studies Program: As outlined on appropriate Liberal Studies Check Sheet.
* Indicates courses that also meet Liberal Studies requirements
Among requirements for graduation, the student must earn a grade of C or higher in all required nursing and support courses, a 2.5 cumulative GPA and a 2.0 average in the major, and must pass a comprehensive examination, planned and administered by the major division or department.